Monday, December 15, 2014

Holiday Hootie Whatie

Hello!

This week has been great, but a little slow! My companion has been a little sick so we've just been trying to get her better! So we've been taking it easy, but its been good. :)

We found a few more people to teach this week!

We were tracting and talked to a few friends just chillin inside, drinking some wine by the fire so they let us right in hahaha. Two of them were an engaged couple and the other was a friend that was in town visiting them. Their names were Tonio, Redge, and I can't remember the girl's name. But they were super friendly and had a strong Christian background so they just ate up what we were teaching them. At the end of the lesson we were talking to them about the Book of Mormon and they were so excited to get one and read it! So hopefully we can contact them again because they didn't set up another appointment. They were awesome though :) 

We've also been trying to contact this family named the Catalands for the past few weeks and never had any luck, but the other night we finally caught them home! They are from Guatamala and were super open to meeting with us and learning more, but they won't be in town again until January. Everyone has been telling us that, so the work will be a little slow unitl then haha. But they seem promising!

Our investigator Jeff is doing pretty well. His wife is super nonsupportive so he tells us how she yells at him everyday about becoming a mormon. So that's sad. Hopefully her heart will soften. But he's been coming to church every week so he's making progress! 

We also had our ward Christmas party on Wednesday! Wow it was an event haha. This ward goes alllll out! I wish I could send pictures of the decorations but the computers at this library won't let us connect our cameras to them!! So I don't know how I'm going to send pictures while I'm here...... sad :( sorry mom!

But yeah the party was super fun! We were in charge of his little service room for the kids and little kids are just hilarious. 

Also, I spoke in church yesterday! No big deal, they didn't tell me until the day before. But my topic was perseverance and I told a story about how dad would have me put the onions back into the rows during harvest when I was little and I kind of made a parable out of it haha. It was silly but I don't even know how many people asked me about the onions after, thats all they got out of it hahaha. Dad would be proud though. :) #farmerlife

Not much else has been going on around here! Just trying to get Sister Phipps back to health :) We got to watch the Christmas Devotional last week and it was awesome. I am so excited for Christmas!!!!! Best time of the year. :) 

Thanks for all you guys do! Love you lots!


XOXO, Sister Fowers

No comments:

Post a Comment