Monday, December 1, 2014

Transfers...........................

Drum roll please.................
I'm getting transferred.
I AM SO SAD!!!!!!
We got a call on Saturday telling us that I was leaving and I've been so sad ever since. Haha I hate goodbyes! Its so hard to leave all of the people in the ward and all the people that we're teaching, but I guess Heavenly Father knows what He's doing right? Doesn't mean I'm happy about it though. ;)
 I WILL MISS CHIPPY SO MUCH.
We'll get back to that later though, I don't want to think about it.
This week was slooooowwwwww. Like glacial pace, no joke. Everyone was gone for Thanksgiving break and it was just a struggle to find people to talk to or teach and campus was dead. We did go contacting at a big outdoor mall on Friday and there was tons of people there, so that was fun. :)
We had planned to have Thanksgiving at the Chuntz's house, but we decided to combine groups with people that were going to the Bishop's house, so we all just went there and had dinner together. Our investigator Gina even came! It was so yummy and good to just kind of feel at home and eat good food haha. :) The Witt's have this old fashioned player piano in their house and you just push these petals at the bottom and it plays songs for you, so we were playing Christmas songs on there and just laughing and having fun.
Can I just say I've like never been so excited for Christmas ever?? We sing Christmas hymns every day.
Speaking of Christmas....
...Have you seen He is the Gift??
If not, you need to watch it and share it!!
The church is doing this huge push to get it out into the world and the video is so good! As missionaries we are sharing with everyone, giving out cards about it, and the church is even taking over Youtube to advertise it and putting it in Times Square for a month! So, if you haven't yet, share it on facebook, twitter, anything and hashtag #SharetheGift!
"Discover the Gift. Embrace the Gift. Share the Gift."
2 Corinthians 9:15 "Thanks be unto God
 for his unspeakable gift."
I love that! Christmas is so much more than what the world makes it to be and we need to share the true meaning with them. He is the gift and He is the true meaning of Christmas. :)

Back to transfers.....
I am so sad to leave and I basically cried all day yesterday hahaha. They say that your first transfer is the worst one, but I'll probably be this way with all of them ha! Basically I'm just sad to leave the ward, I love them so much. And I love Richmond. Maybe I'll do what Sister Roosendaal did, and come back and serve in Chippy again some day. ;) Hopefully! It'll be scary to go to a family ward and just learn how to be a missionary not in a YSA ward,
 but it'll be good for me.
Yesterday after sacrament meeting me and my companion went with Sister Chuntz to visit that ward member Angelica that I visited in jail a while ago. She moved to a different jail and it was just so humbling to visit and talk with her. She showed us her CTR ring on her hand and says that she reads the scriptures with people in the jail. It is amazing how no matter what mistakes someone makes, they can still have a heart of gold. So we can never judge.
As we were driving home I just felt so grateful for the chance I had to serve here, it really is the best area ever. I am so blessed!! I won't know where I'm going til tomorrow, so stay tuned next week to see where I end up!
I love you all and hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Now go and #SharetheGift!
Lots of love xoxo,

Sister Fowers


Thanksgiving dinner


Getting into the Thanksgiving spirit-making apple crisp!





This is Michelle, she got baptized in September and she is going on a mission next year! Yep she's amazing.

VCU you will be missed :(

No comments:

Post a Comment