Monday, December 7, 2015

Tender Mercies of the Lord

Hello! 

This week has been so good! 

On Wednesday we had MLC and President asked me if I would give a training on "Why Jesus Christ" to go along the with new Christmas initiative, "A Savior is Born". If you haven't seen it go to christmas.mormon.org and watch!
It was so good to study why we need a Savior and why He did what He did for us. It all comes down to love I think. He loved us so much to come here and suffer for us, so we can be made whole. I have gained such a testimony of His atonement and grace on my mission and I love this time of year that we have to remember Him and share that love with others!
 So get busy doing your missionary work and share that knowledge with someone who needs it! :)

Also, happiest news of my life.
Gabriella and  Brandon aren't moving anymore!!! 
It was seriously the biggest miracle. We were praying so hard that they would be able to stay, and when we went over for a lesson they told us that his co-worker told him of a place here that would be just as cheap that they could live in and its still in the ward boundaries. We were like, "Wait.... for real?" hahaha. But hopefully that all works out and then we just need to help them get married and baptized! I sent of picture of them out to dinner with us and the Ferrell's. Tell me their little baby Elsa isn't the cutest human alive. We taught them about the priesthood the other night and it is just so cool to see their testimonies grow and their lives change.
But keep praying for them!
They are so close and just need a little extra desire. But I know they will be baptized soon! 

We also found a new investigator this week named Florence! She was super sweet and just let us right in. She is from Sierra Leone and told us how she converted from Islam to Christianity because Christ appeared to her in a dream! Pretty crazy. But she is really sweet and we will meet with her this week!

We also had the ward Christmas party, exchanges, zone meeting, etc. this week. 
So busy! But it has been so good. 

News though: I get to go to the temple tomorrow!!!!!! Yay! I am sooooo excited. All of the departing missionaries get to go to the Washington D.C. temple once before they go home with President and Sister Wilson. So we will drive up there and go to the temple and then visit some sites in D.C. and it will be the greatest. I miss the peace of the temple and feeling so close to Heavenly Father. You never realize how great it is until you can't go! So go to the temple often and enjoy it and I will tell you how it goes next week! :) 

Also, transfer calls are this Saturday. Ahh! We are nervous. Since I am going home two weeks after the transfer I will most likely be in a trio for the last two weeks? But we are praying and groveling to President to let us both stay here in Quantico haha. So I will let you know what happens next week! 

This week has been so good, it reminds me of 1 Nephi 1:20 that says, 
"But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." 
I have seen so many of those tender mercies lately and every time I just feel so much of His love. He is so aware of us and He truly cares about our happiness. I am so grateful for that kind of love and the little miracles that He allows me to see each day. 
They have changed everything for me. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week and look for those small miracles because they are always there! 

Love you lots and lots!

XOXO, Sister Fowers 
Elsa

MLC






No comments:

Post a Comment