Monday, December 14, 2015

Too much happiness for one email? Nah.

 This week was the HAPPIEST WEEK. 

Like for real. So many good things. 

Happiest part? I GOT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE! 
It was seriously such a dream.
 We drove up to the temple, took pictures outside, and then walked in
 and it just took my breath away. 
I forgot how peaceful and quiet the temple was and how much I missed it.
 At the end of the session we walked into the Celestial room and we were each greeted by President and Sister Wilson who gave us a big hug.
 Goodness, I just love them both so much and I couldn't help but think that that is what going to the spirit world will feel like. 
Completely happy and greeted by the ones you love. :) Something I will never forget.

 Then I sat down and just prayed for a few minutes and as I did 
I just felt a wave of gratitude and love fill my heart
It felt like my heart was going to burst haha. 

My mission just kind of replayed in my mind and all I could do was thank my Heavenly Father for the privilege of serving Him. I have definitely been far from a perfect missionary, and I have fallen short so many times, but He has strengthened me and helped me to be better and has loved me through it. 

Then I looked to my left to the sister who was sitting next to me. She was reading in the Book of Mormon and as I glanced over I read this verse:

1 Nephi 9:6 "But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen."

I read that, and I just felt overwhelming peace.
 I don't need to worry about going home, or my mission ending, or school, or life, or anything.
 I can trust Him. He has carried me this far and I know He will keep carrying me.

 I thought of the words to one of my favorite songs:

"Consider the lilies of the field
How they grow, how they grow
Consider the birds in the sky
How they fly, how the fly

He clothes the lilies of the field
He feeds the birds in the sky
And he will feed those who trust him
And guide them with his eye"

I love that. I have learned so much these past few months what it truly means to trust Him. 

Then we left the temple, went to the visitor's center, and ate lunch! Then we all packed up in the van and drove to D.C. and went to the Lincoln Memorial and drove around all the sights.
 It was so happy and the best day.
I'm so grateful for the temple. 

Then on Wednesday and Thursday we got to substitute teach seminary! Can I just say how grateful I am that I never had to do the whole early morning seminary thing? Yay for release time! But it was so fun. We talked about some chapters in the Old Testament and all the kids are like... major champs. 
The youth of the church are really awesome and so prepared. We had to wake up at like 4:00 to get there on time though, so we were exhausted haha.
 Then on Saturday we taught mission prep for the stake! That was my favorite :)
 So cool to hear their stories and testimonies of missionary work before they ever even serve. 

We also met with our investigator Sharon this week! She is doing really well :) We finished teaching her the Restoration and she loved it. She is really open and committed to reading and praying to know for herself. At the end of the lesson, she was like, "Can I tell you something?" and we were like, "Sure!" and So she told us that for a while she hadn't been going to church or putting God first in her life, so one day she was praying and told God that she would put Him first if He would guide her in the right direction. Then she said like two days later, we called her and she knew that it was an answer to her prayer! And its crazy because we weren't even actually trying to call her! We were trying to call her dad, who is a former investigator, and she answered and so we just asked if she wanted to meet and she said yes! Crazy miracles. She said she will come to church this week, so pray that she comes!

We also had another awesome miracle with this lady named Nini! We were tracting apartments one night and we almost went home, but then we decided to knock one more building really fast. The second door we knocked on, she opened right up and when we told her who we were she said, "Oh, come in! Come in!" Then she sat down with us and told us that she moved here a few years ago and has been searching and praying to find a church because she hasn't liked any of the ones she has been to. We shared a little bit with her and showed her the new A Savior is Born video and she loved it! She has 3 little kids and really wants them to be involved in a church and to strengthen her family. She is super prepared! 

We also met with Gabriella this week! Brandon wasn't there because he was at work, but we went over the baptismal interview questions with her and she is so ready! The only thing that is a problem is that they need to get married and she doesn't feel ready to make that commitment. We have tried everything to change her mind hahaha. But I know they will be baptized. Just keep praying for them! We committed her to making a decision by December 26th on whether or not they will get married. Ahh! We will see. 

Also, second happy news: SISTER CANTY IS STAYING!!
President Wilson came up and took us out to lunch on Saturday and after some begging he told us early whether or not we were getting a transfer call that night hahaha :)
 He said, "Don't wait up for a call, is that clear enough?" 
We were so happy! So it will be a crazy two weeks, but we will get a third companion on Tuesday and be in a trio until I leave! 
I will be sleeping on a cot because we don't have 3 beds hahahaha. Exciting stuff :) 

Overall, it has been a great week. Every week I say that, but its true.
 I'm so grateful to be here in Virginia as a missionary.
 I read a talk this week called,
 "How Can I Become the Woman of Whom I Dream?" by President Hinckley.
 I love this quote:

"Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life and look for its opportunities."

I love that, and that's what I plan to do. Life is so good :) 

Love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! 
XOXO, Sister Fowers 



Sisters' p-day last week! Ugly Christmas sweaters, brick oven pizza, decorating the tree,etc.
Love all these lovely ladies!













Oompa with all the sisters in the zone!  #holla



Visitors Center

THE TEMPLE! Happiest day!








Departing missionaries at the Washington DC Temple




No comments:

Post a Comment