Tuesday, June 3, 2014

House of the Lord

I went through the Logan temple on April 26th, 2014 at 5:30 pm. 
It was a rainy day, but still so good.

When you go through the temple for the very first time they give you this little white paper and pin it to your shirt and it basically means "this is my first time, I don't know where I'm going, and I'm probably lost." Haha but no fear, that's why they also assign you this cute little old lady and she is like your own little tour guide and stays with you the whole time and helps ya out. 
My little old lady was so cute. As soon as I met her I could tell she was one of those spunky, funny old ladies. AKA my favorite kind. I don't remember her name, but I remember that every time she would lean in close to tell me something she smelled like cinnamon, and that made me happy. :) 
In the first few minutes I got there my mom had to leave and rent some temple clothing so I was just standing with this little lady, not saying much. Then she turned to me and said "you have the most beautiful skin!" so I said "Oh well thank you so much!" cause that was very nice of her to say. Then she just grabbed my arm and looked at me and said, "no, thank YOU." Ha! I guess she just appreciates good skin, it was so cute. :) me and my mom laughed about it for so long when I told her.
anyways.
Later I was sitting in a dressing room waiting for another young girl who was going through at the same time as me. Then my little guide just leaned down and gave me some wise words.
She said, "the sooner we realize that this life isn't about this life, the happier we will be." 
Then she just put her hand on my cheek and gave me the warmest smile. Guys little old ladies are the best. 
But how true is that advice? 
The sooner that we realize that there is so much more to this life, the more full our lives will actually feel. The more purposeful they will be. The more rewarding they will be. The more beautiful they will seem.









The temple is amazing. No one can really understand just how much until they experience it for themselves. I'm so glad I got that opportunity.


1 comment: