Thursday, September 18, 2014

Hedgehogging It!

Hola! 

What's up errrbody?? Hope everything is going great in the homeland haha :)

This week was so good! On Monday we just spent the day letting Sister Clonts say goodbye to the ward since she was being transferred. We went out to lunch and dinner with a bunch of recent converts and it was just so fun. I love the ward members here. YSA's are so fun because it's just like they're all your best friends! 

After lunch we went to Katie's apartment and held her hedgehog. Yep, so cute. 

Then Tuesday was transfers! Ahhhhh I was so nervous. 

I was just hoping and praying so hard that I would get a companion who would work well with our investigators and I was just so nervous because I would be the only one who knew the area and I hardly know it! So I was just feeling really unprepared. 

BUT, good thing Heavenly Father had a plan haha. 

Turns out my companion is Sister Roosendaal! I had heard about her because she's served in Chippenham YSA before! 

Ahh, it turned out so perfect. This is her last transfer, so she goes home at the end of October and she served here back in Nov-Feb and already knows a ton of people here and all about the work!! So basically Heavenly Father answered my prayer on the reals. Because if it had been someone who knew nothing about the area, I don't know how well I could have worked everything out. Plus she was so happy to come back to Chippy and that hardly ever happens, so it was awesome on both ends. :)

But yeah, she is so awesome! She's from Farmington and went to Davis High School. :) I already love her and know it will be such a great transfer. 

We met with just awesome people this week! 

We had a second lesson with this guy named Josh! I actually taught him his first lesson on my very first day in the mission, and my very first lesson in the mission! Then he went on vacation but now he's back for school! He is such a cool guy and the only way I can describe him is "a real Christian". He straight up says he would join the church if he knew that God wanted him to and he loves everything we teach him, so hopefully he can keep progressing. :)

We also met with this guy named Xander on campus and it was so funny. He is a theater student and we read through the book of mormon with him and he was reading it so dramatically, like you would read a script and it was just cracking us up so hard. Then he kept loving everything I said and would agree with everything I said, but nothing that Sister Roosendaal said even though we were saying the same thing. So funny. But he's super cool :)

Then we got a referral for this girl named Shyanne and went to her house and taught her the restoration. She is super religious and showed us all of these religious books she studies along with her bible every day. It was crazy. She loved everything we taught too. She was so cute, as I was saying the first vision, all I had said was "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head..." and she was like "wowww" and shaking her head and smiling. Hahaha it was so cute. :) She said she would come to church though, but never showed up or text us back. So hopefully she doesn't disappear. 

Then on Friday we went to just drop by a former investigator that Sister Roosendaal had taught when she was here and she was home! Her name is Cathrine and she is so cute. We were just visiting with her and she starting telling us how she's going through all of these hard things and that her parents were probably getting a divorce. But then she said that she had randomly thought about the sister missionaries that very same day and that she felt like God had sent us to her. SO COOL. 

Then on Saturday some of the other missionaries in our ward had 3 baptisms! Ian came and I don't know what he thought. We had to meet with him after and settle more of his weird concerns haha. But he's still on date for Sept 27th, so just pray that it actually happens! 

Then yesterday we had church, a few lessons, and then the ward put on a waffle night to watch the C.E.S. Devotional by D. Todd Christopherson! So that was fun. It was good to watch it and it just got me so pumped for general conference! Woot woot! 

Speaking of general conference, i have a challenge for you all! 

So, as an entire mission we are doing something super awesome the whole week before general conference. We are reading the whole Book of Mormon in a week! 

We're not going to do any finding that whole week. Just appointments we set up the week before. Other than that, we're going to be reading all day every day! In order to read it in a week we have to read at least 75 pages a day.

So..... if you're up for it, try and read the whole Book of Mormon in a week :) it's going to be so fun! 

Other than that, not much is up here in Richmond, VA. It's finally Fall weather here so that is heavenly! Ah I love it. Can't wait for the Fall leaves either. 

I'm doing great though! I still love being a missionary and I think I always will. :)

Love and miss you all! 

xoxo Sister Fowers



Transfers! Sister Clonts and Sister Jenson 
Sister Roosendaal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment