Monday, June 15, 2015

Unwearyingness

Hello!

First off, guess what. I finally saw fireflies!
I've been waiting forever, they're so pretty.
 Virginia is the best.
 Except that its like 100 degrees.... that's not the best. ha.

Anyway, this week has been so busy and its just getting busier!

On Tuesday we had sisters meeting down in Richmond! Its always so fun to see all of the other sisters and just have a day to relax and learn :) It was all themed on serving the Lord with all your heart, might, mind and strength.
 Sister Wilson gave a training on serving with our whole heart
 and I just hope that everything I do in life I do with my whole heart. Never hold back :)

On Wednesday we had another lesson with our investigator Sarah! She is so prepared it blows my mind. We read 1 Nephi 1 with her and she loves the Book of Mormon so much. She is really busy though, so we can't meet with her for a few weeks. Pray for her though!

Then that day we had interviews with President Wilson! I had a great talk with him about his mission and he always teaches me so much. And it was the day before my birthday, so he sang me happy birthday :)
 THEN, I was the last interview of the day, so he was supposed to leave and go to a meeting, but as he was walking to his car and we were walking to ours he stopped and said,
 "Wait, do you have some time? Lets go get ice cream."
 He is the best. So we went and got ice cream with him and he just told the people he was meeting with that he would be late. #mypresisbetterthanyours ;)

Then Thursday was my birthday! I'm 20 now. Weird. But it was an awesome day :)
 Thank you for all the emails, cards, packages, and love :)
 We had tons of lessons that day and then went out to eat with a recent convert, Nathan.
 He always takes us to super fancy restaurants. :) So we had fancy food and then ate cake.
 It was a great day. 

We also saw a huge miracle that day! 

Remember our investigator Austin? He was the manager for one of our members and we had been teaching him and he was solid. But then he quit his job and started working at Best Buy and he just stopped answering our calls and texts so we panicked and thought we lost him! So we decided to go to Best Buy and try to find him.... hahaha missionaries or stalkers?? You decide. But guess what. WE FOUND HIM! He just happened to be working and we started talking to him and the girl that was training him came up and we thought she was going to get mad at us for talking to him, but instead she comes up and says, "Are you the YSA sister missionaries?" We were like umm yes?? And then we find out that SHE'S A MEMBER TOO! What are the odds of that?? Every job he has he gets surrounded by Mormons! God works in funny ways. :) So we talked with him and he came to church on Sunday!! It was crazy too, because this girl got up and spoke about how the week before the Spirit had told her she needed to speak next week and share a specific experience and then the experience she shared was exactly what Austin struggles with. Afterward he was like freaked out because it was so perfect for him. We are meeting with him on Wednesday too :) 

Then on Friday we had a lesson with our investigator James..... it was rough. Hahaha. Simply put we dropped him and just told him if he wants to come to church he's welcome, but that there's no point in meeting with him until he's ready to change. So yeah.

On Saturday we practiced a lot because my companion and I sang a musical number in sacrament meeting! We had like the night before to prepare, but I played the guitar and we both sang a medley of "I'm Trying to be like Jesus" and "We'll Bring the World His Truth".
 It turned out pretty well :)

We're also have a zone conference with Elder Perkins of the Seventy this week! So that will be exciting :) 

Basically we're just busy, busy, busy. I've never ever been so tired, but its a good thing :) 

I was reading in Helaman 10:4-5  this morning, and I love these verses:
  "Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.

And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will."

I love that. Even when we feel tired, keep going and serving with unwearyingness :)
 Hope you all have a wonderful week!

XOXO, Sister Fowers


ps. here are some prime ipad pics of me and my companion hahaha.

Out to dinner for my birthday!

Doing face masks during conference calls.





Reunited and it feels so good!


Sister's meeting

No comments:

Post a Comment