Friday, October 17, 2014

Conference, VA, and BoM!

I don't have a lot of time this week so I'll try and make it quick! 

THIS WEEK WAS SO GOOD!!! 

Oh my goodness, so many miracles here in Richmond. 

First off, I, Sister Fowers, read the whole Book of Mormon in a week. 

Yep. It was tough but it was honestly one of the coolest things I've ever done. Reading it like a novel is just different than studying it like scripture. It made sense to me in ways it never has before. One thing that really stood out to me as I read was this phrase that kept repeating all throughout the book: "...but His hand is stretched out still." I don't even know how many times I ran into that phrase or one very similar to it. All throughout the BoM, people are accepting of the gospel but they eventually reject it and become prideful. BUT, God's hand is always stretched out still. All he asks is for a broken heart and a contrite spirit and for us to repent and come unto Him. So I just loved how I got to see how merciful and loving Heavenly Father was to them, and still is to us today. 

One other verse that I loved was Alma 26:1....

 "And now, these are the words of Ammon to his brethren, which say thus: My brothers and my brethren, behold I say unto you, how great reason have we to rejoice; for could we have supposed when we started from the land of Zarahemla that God would have granted unto us such great blessings?"

....then I changed one word.

"And now, these are the words of Ammon to his brethren, which say thus: My brothers and my brethren, behold I say unto you, how great reason have we to rejoice; for could we have supposed when we started from the land of Utah that God would have granted unto us such great blessings?"

I love that. When I started my mission I never would have imagined all the people, experiences, and blessing that would come because of it. I'm so grateful to be a missionary.

If you've never read the Book of Mormon all the way through, do it! It'll change you I promise. :)

This week we've been meeting with our investigators and so many great things are happening!

Ian is planning on getting baptized this Thursday! Hopefully everything works out. He is a great guy and has come a loooonnnggg way since we first started teaching him. So pray for him please!!

Our investigator Sam came to not one, but TWO sessions of general conference. Yep. She is seriously so cute and I just love her so much. She wasn't really progressing and then earlier this week we met with her and she told us these spiritual experiences she had when she came to church and prayed for the first time. It was amazing. Heavenly Father has prepared her so much. So pray for her too. 

I'm running out of time but conference was BOMB!

We actually watched priesthood session with the senior sister missionaries and it was so good! The choir was elders from the MTC! Ahhhh it was so cute and made me cry. I love missionaries. 

Some highlights from conference:

  • Boyd K. Packer is still goin strong, love him.
  • Lynn G. Robbins talk about which way we face? So good.
  • All the talks in other languanges? SO SWEET! I bet missionaries and people all over the world that speak those languages were loving it.
  • Uchtdorf's talk was awesome.
  • "I always knew it would be easier to follow the Savior with her by my side."-Eduardo Gavarret. So cute. 
  • "Decisions determine destiny"
  • all the talks about prophets
  • DAVID A. BEDNAR. oh my goodness he gave that talk while i was sitting next to our investigator and it made me so happy. It's true!! We share the gospel because we love it. 
I love conference, I love VA, I love the Book of Mormon, and I love you! Life is good. :)
Reading the Book of Mormon at Belle Isle-James River

No comments:

Post a Comment