Monday, March 2, 2015

TALOFA! Meet my little Samoan :)

Talofa means hello in Samaon if you were wondering. :) 

I won't keep you in suspense ;) I've been transferred to the Clover Hill ward back down in Midlothian, which is super close to Richmond! I'm excited because we are in the same zone as Chippenham!! So I'll get to go on exchanges there and visit! 

Also, my companion is Sister Mailata! (mah-ee-la-ta..... thought that might help haha).
 SHE IS SO GREAT! I just love her so much. :) 

Get this. She is from an island is western Samoa called Apia. Her mom joined the church when she was 21, so Sister Mailata has grown up in the church her whole life. She lives in a village up in the mountains and this is the first time she has ever left her island in her life. 

Crazy right??

She has 2 brothers and 2 sisters and is the oldest in her family. She also has 49 cousins.... YUP. Her family doesn't have internet, so she can only write them letters. 

Also, she is still learning english, so we're working on that hahaha :) flash cards for days!
 She has been teaching me a lot of Samoan though,
 so holla! I ended up learning a language after all ;) 

She is my same age, but when she completed her mission papers, after years of trying, her dad finally decided to take the missionary discussions and got baptized a few months later. All because of her decision to serve. How amazing is that?? 

Simply put, she is probably the most un-worldy person I know and is sooooo humble and kind. Back home she would drive an hour, two times a week, just to go to the temple. She has such a strong testimony and even through broken English you can tell that she has such a powerful testimony. 

It's going to be a great transfer!

The Clover Hill ward is so great too! The members really really take care of us. The sisters that we replaced, just had two baptisms right before they left, so we are working with some awesome recent converts right now! We are just trying to figure out this area and find new people to teach though. 

We also live with two other sisters in our apartment, so that's fun :) 

This week hasn't been too exciting as far as missionary work goes, but we are teaching an awesome part member family, the Cox's! So pray for them :) 

I don't have much time left but I am grateful this week for the sacrament. Every time I feel stressed or inadequate I just look forward to Sunday when I can gain strength and renewal from the sacrament. What a blessing to be able to be new every week! I love it. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Spring is hopefully on its way! I'm sick of Virginia winter haha :) Love you all lots!
XOXO Sister Fowers

Saying goodbye to Sister Wagstaff

and HELLO to my new little Samoan greenie, Sister Mailata! 

Wearing our "ie lava lava's" :)

First time she's ever seen snow haha :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment