Monday, March 30, 2015

He Lives!

Hello everyone! 

I am sitting here and I honestly don't have much to report on. So this might be on the short side... sorry in advance! 

This week has been good! 

We had interview with President Wilson on Tuesday and that was great. I swear mission presidents are just the most inspired and awesome people in the world. He talked to me a lot about self-discipline and how that is the key to being a great missionary, not just a good missionary.
 So I'm still working on that. :) 

We've been doing a lot of tracting lately, which always brings fun reactions :)
 Last night we got a lot of door slams and got told that Mormons are weird and a cult and so on. Haha but then there are the nice people that make it all worth it. But we are just trying to find people to teach! It seems like our investigators just keep falling off the chart. So pray for us! 

On Friday we also had Return and Report, which is a meeting for trainers and their trainees. And guess where it was...... CHIPPENHAM! We got to go street contacting at VCU for like 2 hours and I was in heaven even though it was pouring rain.
 I miss that place so much!! So it was fun to go back for a little bit. 

We also got to meet our recent convert, Adriaan's parents this week! They are in town from the Netherlands for about a month and only speak Dutch. We showed them the He Lives video and Adriaan translated the words on the screen. It was so cool to see the Spirit fill the room as we watched. They also came to church on Sunday! Hopefully they will be more open to learning about the gospel after visiting here. 

Have you guys seen the video yet?? It is so good! 


Share it on your social media!

Also, the General Women's meeting the other night was awesome. It was so cool to see the theme of the family in all of the speakers and it just shows how much Satan is trying to destroy the family.
 We need to defend it! 

I am grateful for prophets and apostles that can lead us and guide us in a scary world. I loved Elder Eyring's talk too. It was on empathy and lifting up the hands that hang down around us. I have definitely seen the power of that principle on my mission.
  Sometimes people don't need us to solve their problems, they just need to be loved.
 So think of someone who could use some love and send it their way. :) 

I am so excited for General Conference!!!!!!!!!!! Best time of the year, no doubt haha :) I hope you all have a wonderful General Conference and a wonderful Easter!

I know that He lives! He is here. He loves us. He died for us. And He rose again. I know that is true and I am so grateful that He did. I know that He can help us in the good times and the bad times and the in between. We just need to find Him. :) 

"Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives, "I know that my Redeemer lives!"

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

XOXO, Sister Fowers

I love this lady so so so much!! So good to see her back at Chippy!


No comments:

Post a Comment