Monday, September 14, 2015

Happy Labor Day!

Hey everyone!

Happy Labor Day!!! Woohoo! Hope you all stay safe and have fun! 

I hope you had a wonderful week! It is finally starting to cool down here in Virginia! I'm so ready for fall :)

We have had a week full of meetings and exchanges!
I feel like we had no time for missionary work,
 but it was a great week anyway! 

On Monday and Tuesday we went on exchanges with the Massaponex sisters and it was great!
 I always learn a lot on exchanges. 
It's so funny how we just keep learning on missions and in life. We will never know it all even if we think we do. :) 
I'm grateful for that though. We just get to keep trying and learn every day. 

Then on Wednesday we had MLC down in Richmond!
 It was a really good meeting, I learned a lot. 
One training that was given that I later trained on in zone meeting on Friday,
 was about where our hearts are. I love the scriptures in Matthew chapter 6,

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

I love that last verse. What are our treasures? Possessions? Popularity? Deep, deep down do we desire things of the world more than the things of God? I know there have definitely been times where I didn't treasure the right things, but I'm so grateful that I have just a little tiny better of an idea of what's truly important. Our desires are ultimately where our hearts will end up. They are what we will become! If we actually desire to be more like Christ we will be, eventually. So it's always good to take a step back and open up your heart and see what's inside. Sometimes that can be painful to know we need to change, but in the end it will help us to refine ourselves and get rid of the things that rust away and that thieves can break through and steal. 

Ok rant over :) 

Also, I haven't told you yet, but our mission is doing a mission-wide 5-k! 
Hahaha yep, you read right.
 All of the missionaries are pretty much being forced to run/walk to make us be in shape! So funny. But each zone will hold their own and the zone that gets the fastest average time gets a pday with president and sister Wilson! So that will be next Monday. I'll let you know how it goes, pray that I don't die ;)

Friday we had zone meeting and then we went on exchanges. I went clear out into the boonies in Culpeper and it was great :) 

We didn't have a ton of success with finding people to teach this week, so not much to report. We're still searching for them :) we are doing a 40 day fast in the branch for missionary work though! So that will start next week and I know we will see miracles from it!

This week I am grateful for prayer and the blessing we have to be able to talk to our Heavenly Father.
 I'm sure He's a busy guy, but He takes time to listen to each prayer. 
That is a miracle in its self and I am grateful that I get to kneel down each night and thank Him for the opportunity to serve.
I love Him. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week! You da best!

XOXO,
Sister Fowers



It's tradition to play lightning at MLC! I got hit in the face this time.... Haha but don't worry I got the elder out who hit me ;) 


Love this lady :)

Who holds the record for most selfies with president? Probably me.


Exchanges!

Herbal tea before bed.

Mystery fruit!


No comments:

Post a Comment